Amanda V. Volovik is a digital artist who founded and manages her own business, Digital by Amanda V. Volovik. Through this business, she provides various services including digital art creation, digital photo enhancement, and custom photo art. Outside of work, Ms. Volovik is passionate about animal rights and has adopted and fostered numerous animals from the Nevada Humane Society (NHS).
Since 2011, the NHS has run the G.I. Dogs program, which assists the transformation of abandoned and rescued cats and dogs into service animals or companions for military veterans.
Dogs involved in the program are educated by a dog trainer who has worked with K9 units and is himself a veteran. Those receiving the animals are paired with their ideal companion, and the animals are vaccinated and microchipped prior to adoption. The usual adoption fee is waived, and the society also offers reduced costs should the adopted service animals require medical care in the future.
A digital artist and entrepreneur, Amanda Volovik enjoys spending her time away from work volunteering at the Nevada Humane Society. Additionally, Amanda Volovik lives an active lifestyle. She practices martial arts, runs, and regularly does circuit training.
Running requires significant stamina and strength. Runners can improve their performance with circuit training, which involves doing high-intensity exercises as part of an aerobic and strength-training regimen. The benefits include the following:
1. Building lean muscle mass and burning more calories per minute than traditional strength-training and aerobic activities.
2. Correcting structural imbalances to develop running-specific strength. This particularly helps injury-prone and inexperienced runners.
3. Increasing overall flexibility, athleticism, and strength.
4. Spending less time (up to 20 minutes) training the entire body. This benefits those with limited time to exercise.
5. Enhancing ligament and tendon strength as well as bone density.
6. Boosting cardiovascular strength with the reduction of rest time between sets.
7. Increasing running speed with a circuit training routine that alternates running with bench step-ups and core-strengthening exercises.